May 14, 2012

CELEBRATING OUR TWO-YEAR BUSINESS ANNIVERSARY: Look Ma, We Made it! (March 30, 2012)



Two years in business. A milestone I've had in my sights for what seems like forever. It's been quite the ride. It's been fun, exhausting, rewarding, frustrating at times, and most of all, an ongoing learning experience.

I've learned a few lessons along the way. I've learned that if you are genuinely interested in helping your clients by providing them with what they need (they'll tell you if you'll listen), your business will prosper. I've learned not to trust resumes. I've learned that as much as I'm inclined to sometimes, I cannot work for free. I've learned that even though there are a lot of bookkeepers out there, finding a really good one can be a daunting task, and I appreciate the fact that I have some awesome ones on staff here. I've learned to take the time to perfect my business model before I get too big.
 
So I'm sitting here right now, going through my financials for the last two years, and setting up my budget for Year Three. I now have two years of history behind me, my books are in great shape, and I have every conceivable report that I need to set the course for what I expect to be our best year yet.

A huge thank you to all of our clients, past and present, for their business and friendship - we couldn't have gotten here without you.   *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment